Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Top 10 Free Website Traffic Generation Methods | Willie Crawford

Today, I want to share with you an article written by Willie Crawford. Willie is sharing his grand expertise and 'New Top 10 Free Website Traffic Methods' in Part I of his training series -- to TEACH online marketers how to generate more website traffic. Subscription to remaining training series can be found at the end of his article.

--------------------------

My New Top 10 Free Website Traffic Generation Methods - Part 1
Copyright 2010 by Willie Crawford


In 2008, I wrote an ebook that revealed my most effective
methods of generating free website traffic. As online
conditions and technologies change, I feel it's now time
to update that ebook.

However, instead of revealing my new top 10 free website
traffic generation methods in ebook format, I'm going to do
it in a 10-part article series.

While I do list these methods in order of my preference,
it's not necessarily by which ones produce the most traffic.
Instead, I list them also considering which produce the
highest quality traffic, and therefore adds the most to my
bottom-line.

Let's get started...

My number one favorite method of generating free website
traffic is via an affiliate program. I like releasing
simple, inexpensive products that pay as much as 100%
commission on the front-end. Properly done, this can create
thousands of affiliates all working frantically to send you
highly-qualified BUYING traffic.

They find and send you traffic that you wouldn’t otherwise
have, and you reward them for doing so.

If you'd like to see a live example of how I do this, visit:
http://sellmorebigticket.com The product there is a
$17 audio/ebook combination where I pay affiliates 100%
commission. That ebook is called "The Secrets To Selling
More Big Ticket Products" and is an MP3 and PDF transcript
where I share exactly how I do that :-)

There are a number of keys to making this most effective,
and I see many people who attempt this tactic missing
some of the most important elements. Those keys are:

1) You want to make managing the whole system as easy
as possible. If your system is too burdensome, you won't
use it for very long. I use the Rapid Action Profits
system, developed by my friend Sid Hale, to manage this
affiliate program. I use it because once I set up a site,
RAP makes management practically hands-free. The script
can be configured to pay any percentage commission that you
desire on a front-end and/or back-end product.

The beauty of the system is that when a sale is made,
the affiliate is paid instantly directly to their Paypal
account, and the customer is redirected to a download
page. At that point, my affiliate has sent me that
prized traffic, but as importantly, is also building me
a mailing list.

2) You need to also have a good back-end product in-place.
I typically have a second product that I offer
immediately after that first sale. You can offer
affiliates any percentage commission on this sale,
and I often don't offer any since I've given them all
of the money from the front-end sale.

The key though, is that if you do offer a back-end
product (or one-time-offer) you will often get a major
percentage of customer take it. So, if you don't have
that offer in place, you're leaving behind much of
your profits.

3) You need to have follow-up in place. It does little
good to build that list if you don't later follow-up
with them. Another reason that I like using Rapid
Action Profits is that it builds a database right within
the software.

Since some web hosting companies limit the number of
emails that you can send from their servers (at one time),
RAP also offers the capability for automatically
building your list on a third-party system (such as
Aweber.com or ProfitAutomation.com).

I have at least 30 sites built using RAP. Those are all
traffic generation systems. Can you tell that I like
RAP? You should check out RAP at http://timic.org/RAP

4) Here's where a lot of people using this traffic
generation method cut corners, and fail...

You need to give affiliates lots of great tools so that
it's really, REALLY easy for them to register as
affiliates and then promote like crazy.

Many of your affiliates won't feel comfortable creating
tools on their own. So, if you don't give them the
tools, they'll end up doing nothing. Tools should
include:
- Banners in a variety of sizes
- Solo emails
- Blog posts
- Tweets
- Classified ads (suitable for Google AdWords)

The tools should have the affiliates’ links automatically
inserted in the proper places - something RAP handles
beautifully. If you force your affiliates to have to
track down links, and then manually edit the tools you
offer, many won’t bother.

5) Here's how you make your traffic generator go viral...

Invite your customers to become affiliates after they
purchase. I've seen many merchants put links to their
affiliate program right on the sales page. I don't like
this technique since I feel that it can distract customers
that your affiliates worked hard to send you. So, I
don't feel that it's fair.

Instead, I put links to sign-up for the affiliate
program on my product download pages, AND often in the
products themselves. Simply explain to customers that
they can register, promote the product, and earn instant
commissions. This is very effective, especially when
you have all of those great affiliate tools in place.

It's also very effective because the INSTANT commissions
helps those who need the cash now!

Ok, I've just shared with you my very favorite method
for generating free website traffic. I basically get
others to send me the traffic, and then I have tools
in place to leverage that traffic.

Stay tuned for part 2.

---------------

Willie Crawford has been marketing goods and services over
the internet since 1996, and teaches many of his tactics
in his free ezine. Be sure to not miss the rest of this
series by subscribing at http://WillieCrawford.com

----------------

As always, I learned some really good tips from Willie's article and I hope you enjoyed reading it an learned a few things as well. Feel free to pass this along ~ just remember to give Willie Crawford the credit. This article is protected by copyright.

Christine Range





Want To Know How To Setup Your Own eBusiness and How To Start Making Good Money On The Net? Sign Up For My Newsletter Below!